Written by: Cheryl
My husband and I own a breakfast bar. We aren’t your everyday, run-of-the-mill breakfast bar, either. You won’t find processed foods at our place; we pride ourselves in offering a menu that features 100% organic food and beverages. From our eggs to our waffles, everything that we serve comes from local farms and is completely organic.
When it comes to juice, we don’t serve the bottled stuff; we make our own fresh juice every morning. Using fresh, organic fruits and vegetables from a local farm, we make all types of juices; from apple to strawberry banana and different green juices.
Since we make our own juice, you can bet that we have tried several different types of juicers. When our last one broke down, we decided to upgrade to one that would allow us to make even more wholesome, delicious and nutritious juice. After reading tons of reviews, we finally decided on the Hurom Slow Juicer.
Ever since we started using this product, there is no doubt about it; our juice tastes better and our customers are happier than ever. We are blown away by the Hurom Slow Juicer and we bet that you will be, too.
Click Here to purchase the Hurom Slow Juicer from Amazon. This is the best price we have seen it for and they will also ship it to you for free.
Features of the Hurom Slow Juicer
• Dual-stage extraction of fruits and vegetables, which allows for maximum output of juice.
• Very quiet operation.
• Screen for juicing fine and coarse ingredients.
• Pulp extraction plugs.
• Self cleaning screen holders.
• Two 50 ounce juicing cups.
• A tamper.
• A brush.
• Self cleaning.
• A 10 year warranty.
• An easy to follow instruction manual.
How the Hurom Slow Juicer Works
The Hurom Slow Juicer is a single auger juicer. This means that it works to slowly juice the ingredients that are added to it so that you can get the maximum amount of juice from these ingredients. It is also a dual stage juicer, which means that the juice is pulled out of the fruits and vegetables in the first stage of crushing, and then the pulp that is created from the first stage is then squeezed during the second stage of pressing. This means that you are getting the most amount of juice out of all of the fibers of the ingredients, but you are also getting very dry pulp, which means an easier clean up.
Because of the dual stage juicing process, and the auger design of the Hurom Slow Juicer, you are getting a higher quality product than you get out of most standard juicers. The products that are yielded from this juicer are healthier and more flavorful. You also won’t end up with any froth or foam, and you’ll have a smoother juice, which makes for a better end product.
Since the Hurom Slow Juicer features a single auger design, you don’t have to worry about a lot of noise. While centrifugal juicers grind ingredients at a high speed, they often create a lot of noise; but since this juicer crushes the ingredients, it operates at a much quieter level.
The fact that this machine is self cleaning is another big plus. When it’s time for clean up, all we have to do is throw some water in it and it cleans itself. This makes for quicker clean up, as well as better tasting juices, as you can clean it between the addition of different ingredients.
There are so many different drinks you can make with the Hurom including:
- Fruit juices – Everything from standard apple, orange, or grape juice to combinations like strawberry banana, pineapple and mango, and any other combination you can think of.
- Green juices – Spinach, kale, wheatgrass, and other greens and vegetables juice perfectly in this machine. Add them to your fruit juices for extra vitamins and minerals.
- Almond Milk or Soy Milk – Just combine almonds and water or soybeans and water and you get a great tasting milk without any pulp.
- Tomato juice – Make your own homemade V8 or tomato soup!
Here is a video showing the Hurom Slow juicer versus a traditional juicer. You can really see how much higher quality the product is that comes out of the Hurom as opposed to the other machine:
Advantages and Disadvantages
I wouldn’t be offering a quality review if I didn’t mention the good and the bad of the Hurom Slow Juicer. There are a ton of positives associated with this juicer, and there are just a few negatives.
- Better quality and better tasting juice than a lot of other products on the market.
- It can juice everything from fruits and vegetables, to even wheat grass and soy!
- The pulp is very dry, so there’s very little mess.
- Clean up is easy due to the self cleaning feature. Just pour some soapy water in the juicer and let it run.
- Operates very quietly, so you don’t have to worry about disturbing others with the loud noises that some juicers make.
- It works pretty slowly. I know it says that it’s a ‘fast slow juicer,’ and it is, but it is still slower than centrifugal juicers. However, the fact that it works slowly is the reason why the juice is so much tastier and healthier than other juicers, since high speeds compromise the integrity of the juice.
- I find that I have to tear up larger leafy greens before juicing them, otherwise they get caught in the machine. Not a big deal, but something you should know.
Where to Buy
This juicer is available at several different retail stores and websites, but the best value we have seen it for is on Amazon.com. Not only is it the lowest price, but they also offer Free Shipping and a free recipe book.
Well, to sum it all up; I am highly satisfied with the Hurom Slow Juicer. It makes an exceptionally healthy and tasty juice, it is very easy to use, and clean up is so easy that it is almost unbelievable. Not only do I and my husband love the juice that we make with this juicer, but our customers do too, and that’s the most important thing to us. We completely recommend this juicer. It gets 5 Stars from us.