I’ll be the first to admit that my diet hasn’t always been very healthy. I mean, I understood the importance of eating healthy food, but I always felt like it took too much time and effort so I put it off for a while. Well, my thoughts about that completely changed when I started reading more and found out just how many additives really are in food. One thing that I was really shocked about was how non-pure a lot of juices are even though they are made out to be good for you. Once I started really reading the labels, I found out that a lot of juices contain way too many ‘extras.’ I knew it was the right time to make a diet change.
That being said, once I made my discovery, I vowed that I would start making my own juice. I wanted to make sure that the juice that I was drinking was 100% pure and didn’t contain any additives. In order to do so, I of course, needed to get myself a juicer. I didn’t want to get one of those sub-par juicers that you can get at a box store. I heard a lot of people gripe about those models, saying that they would end up with a lot of fibers from their fruits and vegetables in their juices. Since I can’t stand pulp or chunky juice, I wanted to get a real high quality juicer that would make smooth juice that I could really enjoy.
In order to find one that would suit my needs, I did a lot of research and I discovered the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer. After doing a lot of comparisons, I decided that this juicer was the right one for me, and I’ve been a satisfied customer ever since I started using it.
While the Jack Lalanne model isn’t necessarily as good as the more expensive $300-$400 juicers like the Omega or Green Star, it works perfectly for me and it was priced within my budget, so I am happy.
Click here if you’re looking for the best place to buy the Jack Lalanne juicer and you will be taken to Amazon.com. You will get free shipping and it’s also the best price I have seen online.
Features of the Jack Lalanne Juicer
- An astonishing 3,600 RPM motor that operates very quietly.
- An extra large feeder chute that can accommodate large pieces of fruits and vegetables.
- A high quality stainless steel cutting blade.
- An extra large pulp collector that can easily be removed.
- Safety features to protect hands.
- Patented juice extraction technology.
- Comes with the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.
- A lifetime warranty on the motor.
How it Works
For my very first juicer, I was completely blown away by how powerful this machine is. When I want to make my fresh juices, all I have to do is cut down my fruits and vegetables into more manageable pieces (they don’t have to be finely chopped; the machine can handle bigger chunks) and toss them into the feed chute. I don’t need to worry about peeling or de-seeding my ingredients because the machine separates these elements. The 3,600 RPM motor works effortlessly to extract the juices from whatever fruits and vegetables that I am using.
Note: When juicing citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, and limes, you will want to remove the peel or else the juice will be way too bitter and undrinkable. All other fruits and veggies you can leave the peel/skins on though.
Once the Jack Lalanne has finished juicing whatever ingredients I add to it, out comes an incredible smooth, delicious and nutritious beverage. Not only does this juicer work efficiently, it also works rather quickly. I can have a fresh glass of juice in no time at all.
Not only do I appreciate the quality of the beverage that this appliance makes; I also really appreciate how easy clean up is. Once I am done making my juices, all I have to do is dissemble the machine, wash the blade by hand with soap and water and throw the rest of the components into the dishwasher. Using the Jack Lalanne Juicer is as simple as that.
For a visual demonstration of the Jack Lalanne Power Juicer in action, check out this video done by a triathlete who uses it:
Advantages and Disadvantages
There are so many wonderful advantages to the Jack Lalanne Juicer. Unfortunately, however, not everything in life is perfect, and the same can be said for this appliance. There are certainly more pros to this machine than there are cons, so allow me to share the positive aspects first.
- Extra large feed cute for handling large pieces of fruits and vegetables.
- The motor is extremely powerful, yet operates surprisingly quietly.
- The surgical steel quality blade is super sharp and super durable.
- Extracts a great amount of juice from fruits and vegetables.
- Juice is very smooth and easy to drink; not chunky, like a lot of other juicers create.
- Motor is backed by a lifetime warranty, which is very reassuring.
- It does leave pretty wet pulp at times, so I feel like there is some juice that is being wasted.
- Doesn’t work all that well for leafy greens like spinach and kale. If you plan on juicing a lot of leafy greens, I would recommend looking into a masticating juicer like the Omega (either the J8004, J8005, or J8006) or the Green Star. There are reviews for both on this site if you’re interested in checking them out.
Where to Buy
A lot of stores carry the Jack Lalanne Power juicer, but I would recommend ordering from Amazon.com. Aside from it being one of the lowest prices I have seen online, you will also get free shipping which is nice and should save you about $20 over ordering from elsewhere.
I am fairly new to juicing, so the Jack Lalanne Juicer certainly fits the bill for me. It’s relatively easy to use, it makes high quality and delicious juices, and it is easy to clean up. I know that I will be getting a great tasting and healthy beverage each time I use this machine. This juicer is quite exceptional for the cost.