Written by: Deborah
These days, with the unfortunate reality of the childhood obesity epidemic, it’s more important than ever to make sure that our children are eating right. In an effort to ensure that my kids are eating right and that they don’t become one of those awful statistics, I vowed that I wouldn’t be one of those moms who grabs fast food and calls it dinner.
While yes, it can be tough to make sure that my kids are eating healthy and it can be difficult to find the time to make nutritious meals for them, with the Omega Juicer it really is a lot easier than you might think.
You see, not only is the Omega Juicer a powerful juicer, but it is also a powerful food processor, grinder, homogenizer and pasta extruder. It really is an unbelievable machine and I do owe a lot of my family’s healthy diet to it.
Thanks to this one appliance, I can make all natural and great tasting juices, sauces, mixes, yogurts, pastas…. Well, the list really goes on and on. I use my Omega Juicer every single day and it has really become the work horse of my kitchen. To say that I am happy with this product would be an understatement; I really am overjoyed with it!
If you’re looking for the best place to buy the Omega juicer, I have found it to be through Amazon.com. They have the best price and also offer free shipping. Click Here if you would like to be taken to the Amazon page for the Omega.
Features of the Omega Juicer
- A 1/3 horsepower, single phase induction motor
- A dual stage juicing system
- A rotation speed of 80 RPMs
- Exceptionally quite motor
- Automatic pulp ejection
- Dry pulp output
- Easy cleaning
- 15 year warranty
How it Works
The Omega Juicer is so much different than any other type of juicer that I have ever used. Since I have been making my own homemade juices and foods for some time, you can imagine that I have used several types of juicers in the past. Unlike conventional juicers that operate at high speeds to extract the juice from the fruits and vegetables, this is a masticating juicer. But what’s a masticating juicer? That’s what I asked when I first learned about this product. This simply means that the Omega Juicer crushes and grinds the ingredients that are added to it instead of spinning at high speeds like some other juicers do. This means that the appliance really pulls all of the juices out of the ingredients – and it doesn’t heat them up like other juicers do, so you are left with a product that is exceptionally healthy.
I love that the appliance continuously pulls the pulp out of the juice because this means that I can continuously juice without having to worry about pulp getting in the way. This also means that I am left with really smooth juice that my kids love to drink!
I can make juice with a variety of soft fruits and vegetables, like strawberries and tomatoes. I can also make juice with harder fruits and vegetables, such as apples and carrots. No food is too soft or too tough for this appliance.
I also use this juicer to make almond butter, peanut butter, fresh purees, salsas, sauces… and so much more!
It’s very simple to use too. All you need to do is:
1. Chop up your ingredients so that they are small enough to fit through the chute (they don’t need to be super small, just cutting them in chunks is fine).
2. Setup a pitcher underneath the spout where the juice comes out and another container under where the pulp comes out.
3. Turn the juicer on and push your ingredients through the chute with the plastic device that comes with it.
4. All of the freshly squeezed juice will end up in your pitcher and the pulp will automatically be extracted into the separate container you setup.
Here is a video of Joe from Rockstar Reviews using the Omega J8005 model which will allow you to see exactly how it works:
Advantages and Disadvantages
Everything in life has its good side and its bad side; and this is true for the Omega Juicer as well. In order to give you a proper review of this juicer, I wanted to share some of the pros and cons of this product with you.
- Operates very quietly.
- Because it is a masticator, it crushes the ingredients instead of whipping them around at high speeds, making healthier juices and foods.
- I don’t have to worry about cleaning up messy pulp.
- I can make healthy juices, as well as other nutritious foods that my entire family loves.
- The appliance is very easy to use.
- The product is exceptionally durable, so it can be used every day.
- It’s very easy to clean.
- The feed chute is kind of slim, so you do have to cut up all of the ingredients that you want to use.
- It operates fairly slowly, so the juice and food-making process can be lengthy.
Where to Buy
You can buy the Omega Juicer from many different locations, but from what I have seen, the best place to buy is through Amazon.com. They have the lowest price I’ve seen and they will ship the juicer to you for free which saves you some money too. You can also add other cool products to your order like juice recipe books and various accessories.
If you are serious about making healthy juices and other healthy foods, than the Omega Juicer is the product for you. Thanks to this appliance, I can make juices and foods that are not only healthy, but that my kids really love. While there are other juicers on the market that are also powerful and produce quality products, in my honest opinion, this one is the best of the best.